Monday, January 5, 2009

Morning equals Light...or that's how it's supposed to be!

We spent the holiday break in the lap of luxury...letting the kids (and ourselves!) stay up way too late and then sleeping in until way too late in the morning. And I have to admit, I started to feel a bit like my old college self...I sure do love being a night owl!

But, by Day 9 of the break, after we all managed to sleep in until 10:13am (gasp, yes, even the kids slept in that late! but we did have an extremely late night the night before...a double overtime Rockets game, plus the long drive home.) ANYHOW, by Day 9, I was already starting to dread The Wakeup on the first day back to school/work. We tried to prepare everyone by going to bed at semi-normal times over the weekend, but it was preparation in vain.

The alarm rang for DH this morning and I just couldn't believe that it could possibly be time to get up. And I was so glad that I didn't have to get up for another hour...phew! But, then a short hour later, he came into take his shower and get ready and I knew it was my time to face the day. I drug myself out of bed and called out to the kids with my normal morning greeting, "Wakey, Wakey...it's time to get up!"

Chooch got up pretty easily (he always does, lucky guy...he's got his father's wake-up ability, I guess!) and stumbled into our room, rubbing his eyes. He crawled into our bed and after I greeted him, he said, "I don't know. I just feel kind of funny. Like it's not time to get up. I think I just can't wake up right now."

Yep. I'm right there with ya, believe me.

K-girl was next. She is blessed with my wake-up ability, so it usually takes her awhile to get moving. I called out to her a couple of more times while I was getting ready and then headed to her room.

"K-girl, it's time to get up. You've got school today!" (all said in a forced, energetic voice that didn't have a hint of my true feelings for morning)

K-girl replies from beneath her mount of covers, "NO, it's still night outside!"

Hmmm...my thoughts exactly.

New rule...getting out of bed should only be required when there is daylight in the sky!

1 comment:

Bonny said...

Sharon - I love your blog! So excited to have found it! Don't know how you find time to blog! BH