Friday, March 6, 2009

City League, 2nd Place

Well, the Lufkin Rockets ended up 2nd in City League play after a grueling day of basketball. You can read all about it here on the team website. It was a long day, playing 3 games, but the boys did really well and never gave up. If only we hadn't lost that coin flip!!

The next week, we attended the Basketball Banquet/Awards Ceremony. It is quite the community affair and it's held in the Civic Center. We ate hamburgers and chips and had cake for dessert while watching all of the teams receive their awards. On the way out, Chooch said, "I can't wait to put my new trophy with all of my other trophies. 2nd place is the best!"

Daddy (ever the competitor) replied, "Well, 1st place is the best, but 2nd place is pretty darn good."

To which Chooch matter-of-factly said, "No, 2nd place is the best. I was in 1st place last year with The Unit team, so I already have one of those trophies. And now I have a 2nd place one to go with it!"

Perfect. I love how kids look at the games. It really doesn't matter who wins or loses at this age. As long as they are having fun and learning the game.

Remind me to come back and revisit this wisdom when baseball season goes into full swing.

2 comments:

Christi said...

That is great that he has such a positive outlook!

Sounds like he had a great time too.

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Sorry for this random comment but I noticed that you are a follower of Allie Brown's Layouts and wanted to let you know there is a new site that is similar in style that you might like as well!
Check us out @ www.scrappinblogs.blogspot.com